|echo control tv, amazon echo setup, alexa smartthings|
But first, you have to link your Dish account to Alexa. Here is how to do it.
1. Open the Alexa application on your smartphone and select “Music, Videos and Books”.
2. Select the DishTV icon at the top of the screen.
3. Scroll down and select “Enable Skill”.
4. On the next screen, you will be prompted to enter a code from your Dish receiver.
5. Open the menu of your antenna TV and select Settings.
6. Scroll down and select the Amazon Alexa icon.
7. Get the code from your Dish TV. It will appear where it says “Activation code”.
8. Enter the code in the Alexa application on your smartphone and press Activate.
9. Select Manage and link devices in the Alexa application on your smartphone.
10. Select Link another device from the screen that appears.
11. Click the small “Discover Devices” line on the next screen.
12. Wait for Alexa to discover his dish receiver. This should not take more than a minute.
13. Select the Dish receiver you want to use with Alexa.
14. Select the Alexa device you want to link to the receiver. If you have more than one Echo or Echo Dot, it makes more sense to pair the device in the same room as your receiver.
15. You’re ready! Now, you can control your dish receiver using Alexa. Search functionality will work with live, recorded and on-demand titles, as well as with Netflix. Here are some examples of the commands that will work:
Alexa, channel change to ESPN (or CNN, NBC, etc.)
Alexa, tune in (or go to) channel 130.
Alexa, go to History Channel.
Alexa, find the Big Bang Theory.
Alexa, search Game of Thrones.
Alexa, show me the films of Tom Hanks.
Alexa, search comedies.
Alexa, play Better Call Saul.
Alexa, jump ahead.
Alexa, rewind 30 seconds.