How to install a satellite dish yourself. Here is an easy guide for satellite installation that you can use to install a satellite dish yourself. Here I tried to cover all basic of satellite installation in a very easy way. So, without wasting your much time lets look at the basic of satellite installation.
Satellite installation, How to install a satellite dish yourself
The Difference Between Signal Power and Quality? For the satellite dish antenna whether it is c band TV dish or KU band dish there are two parameters of satellite antenna alignment.
Satellite antenna alignment
Satellite antenna alignment can be done in two axis:
- Horizontal [Azimuth]. Left to right adjustment.
- Vertical [Elevetation]. Up or down adjustments.
Satellite Dish Size for proper satellite antenna alignment
Satellite installation, how to install a satellite dish yourself. fFor KU band satellite TV, if you reside in good coverage you can get good signal quality on a small dish antenna. But remember the bigger the size of the dish, the better you get the signal quality. Also, you will not face a drop in signal strength in bad weather.
The benefit of using bigger dish antenna for better signal from a satellite
- Bigger satellite TV dishes are suitable for low waves like C band TV reception.
- Good during severe storms and bad weather. Bigger satellite dishes reduce signal drop.
- Smaller disks work best on the high waves are similar to the “KU” band TV reception with good satellite footprint.
Satellite dish TV signal setting: LNB has two parameters to adjust
Satellite installation, how to install a satellite dish yourself. Proper LNB Skew. LNB is thought to be set as a skew propely and depends directly on
- Signal quantity.
- Your local position related to the satellite position.
- The satellite you want to receive.
- The focal point of the dish. The distance between the LNB and the dish antenna especially the position of the LNB in the LNB brackets and the LNB angle relative to the dish antenna. The signal reflected from the dish surface should “blow” into the horn (front part) of the LNB at a 90-degree angle.
As for our standard Dish TV reception and viasat dish alignment
The signal for Dish TV and viasat dish alignment can be sensitive to trees or any kind of blockage like clouds and so on. Sometimes the signal quality can be discarded with more than one reflection from the walls, Roof or excessive debris from trees can affect your signal quality. Rust does not sound too bad but the signal indicates better in a nice shiny/smooth Dish antenna surface. So, for Dish TV, viasat dish alignment or for any other satellite dish keep these things in mind before installing the dish.
Difference between Signal power and signal quality for KU band and C band TV
Signal power, according to me can give you an indication of how good your LNB and Dish are aligned with the satellite as described above. Signal strength is how powerful the signal you receive. The closer you get to the transmitter, the more signal you will have with the dish antenna. If the signal level will drop continuously then you will need a powerful and bigger satellite antenna.
Quality is how much interference exists between the satellite and your decoder(set-top-box). How good the signal is that you get or how good it will last when it is raining / cloudy. It means the quality of the information you receive is good. All signals carry the reflection or disturbance we call sound. Audio will cause data loss. Noise will be low if the quality is high or good. Signal quality is actually the quality and strength of the signal you get not the image quality that you get on TV.
Satellite signal Boosters
Satellite installation, how to install a satellite dish yourself. The satellite signal booster will improve everything. It will improve the strength of the receiving signals and include sound amplification. It improves the distortion and poor quality.
Dish network troubleshooting no signal, Satellite dish problems no signal: Solution
- Realign your dish antenna. Check LNB settings and slowly rotate and up down the LNB in the LNB brackets until you get a better signal.
- Move your dish antenna to a better place having no blockade and clear sight of view.
- If you still have issues, better to replace the dish antenna with a bigger one.
- Make sure the dish antenna size is not too large for your LNB. If the dish is too large, you can override the LNB input power. A “very strong” signal can damage the LNB or the signal to the decoder may be distorted. Compare satellite dish details with LNB installation detail.
- Get legal advice and cut down trees in your neighbourhood.
So, here are all details of satellite installation and how to install a satellite dish yourself. if you have some question, please ask us in the comment section. We will try to reply as soon as possible.